The love of artistic design and living in tune to the natural world are the driving forces behind the creation of Sugar Magnolias, a boutique florist located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge mountains. Our approach embraces sustainability and sensibility in all aspects of design, business, and life. We work in a seasonal palette and purchase the bulk of our blooms from local gardeners and growers. Our available natural materials guide the designs and the results are unique to the region and a nod to the season.
Sugar Magnolias Mission:
- to provide a “feel-good” flower experience for our clients
- to remain true to our commitment to using flowers that are in season and/or grown locally
- to invest in our community by supporting local farmers, growers, and gardeners
- to invest in distant communities by investing in the KIVA organization
- to operate in a sustainable fashion thereby providing a guilt free product
Jenn Pineaus’ are the hands behind the designs of Sugar Magnolias. Her experiences include serving as house florist and green house manager for the Kluge Estate in Albemarle, VA; helping to install Max Gills’ celebrated designs as floral design assistant for Chez Panisse in Berkeley, CA; creating the floral displays for San Francisco hot spot Quince Restautant; and aiding the influential Ariella Chezar and Co. to create and install the decor for lavish bay area weddings. Jenn’s creations are inspired by the way living things grow in nature and they are designed to captivate the senses.